Friday, November 11, 2011

The good book.

I have a renewed desire to read the bible cover to cover. Attempted to start with old testament a few years back and failed miserably after finishing the first part of genesis. As anyone who has read the OT will know it is full of pointless boring detail that makes it very very difficult to read. So, today I'm starting to read the new testament. For the most part I want to read the bible to gain knowledge (obviously). I want to have this knowledge so I have a leg to stand on when trying to have discussions with people about its content. Of course I'm an atheist and don't believe the bible is the word of god or any of that BS but I like to debate people for sport. One day I would like to have the patience and knowledge to be able to help people understand atheism but for now I need to gather more knowledge and through the discussions I do have I only hope to make religious people aware that there are other ways of thinking and hopefully make them question any part of their beliefs.
GBU. hah.

Oh and watch this series from the beginning, it's indescribably fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment