Friday, December 9, 2011

puffy eye

So I woke up rubbing and scratching my eye cos it was itchy. Then discovered it was a little larger than normal. Oh shit. I've recently had some trouble with slightly puffy eyes but this is proper allergic reaction puffy eye.And of course I don't know what caused it so now I have to try and figure that one out. I was messing around with makeup last night and put on all different types of eyeshadows and shit and some false lashes so I have a lot of things to pick from. The most annoying thing is I've used them all before and despite having very sensitive skin I've never actually had a problem until recently. My number one suspect at the moment is this rosemary oil I was using to remove my makeup (smart I know but makeup remover irritates my skin and moisturiser doesn't get everything off).  I have also had a reaction to this (Hamilton's) skin oil that has like 3 ingredients and is made for sensitive eczema skin. Made my legs break out in horrible itchy bumpy rash! So my conclusion is that it has to be one of those 3 ingredients.
So I decided to google makeup allergies. Apparently many people have reactions to blue and red dyes. But like I said I've never had this problem before so I'm just going to stop using massage oil as makeup remover and see how I go.

I've had a lot of issues with my skin since forever. I remember having these little itchy dry patches on my arms when I was a kid and my mum thought they were ring worm. Then when I started using anti pimple stuff, many Clean and clear and Clearasil products later I realised that they were just drying the shit out of my skin and giving me a terrible rash around my chin which I still struggle with today. Now I can't even fathom how I used them at all now, considering my skin care regime consists of Nivea cream cleanser and whatever moisturiser I happen to be using and if I deviate from this I get very flaky and rashy and itchy. I can't use any moisturisers that smell nice. They all make my legs itchy. I also find it difficult to use any shampoo and conditioner other than Garnier anti dandruff stuff. All other anti-dandruff brands make my scalp itch, even the Head and Shoulders one that claimed it was 'soothing', ended up being one of the worst.
 
Even with all my atopic predisposition to the world I have yet to actually be allergic to something but I'm pretty sure that's what my eye is doing right now. Worst reaction ever. So I shall sit here with my steroid cream and ice pack today and hope that it has gone down a bit by tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment